ACADEMIC AFFAIRS MANAGER
The Academic Affairs Manager reports to the Dean of the Fulbright School of Public Policy and Management (FSPPM) of the Fulbright University Vietnam (FUV). S/he plays a key role in providing managerial support to FSPPM teaching and research operations. Other responsibilities include faculty and staff administration, student administration, and administrative support to the Dean. The Academic Affairs Manager also works with the FSPPM Dean, MPP and MPA Directors to secure accreditation from a recognized global accreditor and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and requirements of the Fulbright University Vietnam and the Ministry of Education and Training.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Academic Affairs Manager’s core duties will include, but are not limited to:
Faculty- and Staff-Related Administration
- Monitor compliance with FSPPM and FUV policies for program directors, faculty search committees, and academic affairs administrators.
- Manage the faculty search process which includes placement of announcements, handling correspondence, schedule interviews, coordinate campus visits and job talks, coordinate search committee and faculty discussions, archive search materials, and prepare subsequent search reports.
- Manage the administration of visiting and adjunct appointments, residential and non-residential fellows program, and internship programs.
- Coordinate faculty and staff meetings, create agendas, organize meeting schedules, track attendance, take minutes, and distribute summaries and action points to faculty and staff members.
- Maintain timetable of FSPPM activities and FUV deadlines, working with faculty and staff to develop and maintain systematic follow-up systems to insure that deadlines are met.
- Communicate the activities of faculty meetings with staff so they are in a good position to implement changes accordingly. Follow up with staff to ensure new initiatives have been effectively executed.
- Serve as point person for important events such as Opening and Commencement Day and provide event support for occasions such as guest lectures, conferences, and student orientation.
- Work with FUV Communications Manager to be sure the School website is updated with information on faculty, visitors, guests, special events, and relevant news.
- Supervise the student recruiting processes for the MPP/MPA/ECON programs and executive programs under the direction of corresponding program directors.
- Oversee the student registration process. Provide assistance for students regarding FSPPM academic policies
- Supervise the production of various written materials such as faculty and student handbooks, annual reports, School and program brochures, and other program descriptions.
- Maintain alumni records and files. Conduct regular “tracking” activities to follow career development of graduates.
Administrative Support to the Dean
- Draft and edit academic-related correspondence, speeches, memos, reports or manuscripts on behalf of Dean.
- Serve as liaison and primary resource to internal and external offices, visitors, and alumni.
- Monitor Dean deadlines and memos to keep up-to-date on new standards and requirements for FSPPM. Maintain appropriate and timely follow-ups of the faculty and staff.
- Ensure the smooth interaction between FSPPM, FUV and its counterparts.
- Master’s degrees in public policy, public administration, creative writing, communications or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated editing and writing experience are necessary.
- Exceptional judgement and organizational skills.
- Well-organized, thoughtful, collegial, independent, and team-oriented.
- Proactive and exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities and circumstances.
- Proficient computer skills, experience with database and presentation software.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position and a CV (both in English and Vietnamese) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The positions will remain open until filled; please apply by August 15, 2017 for fullest consideration.
Fulbright University Vietnam is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our staff.